Great Asia Capital & Consulting LLC (GACC) was established by myself after 28 years of service in Japan Asia Investment Co., Ltd. (JAIC) with strong feelings to utilize my experience and knowledge to support various types of management people who aim to success in their business. “Great Asia” is a phrase which I have been mulled over since 1990’s and filled with my personal affection and respect to Asia where I have been trained as a business person.
GACC has just started as a management consulting firm on 6 July 2017. I, however, would like to enter into venture capital business when the time comes. In such case, I will focus on not only future technology business sector but also drastic innovation of existing business sectors. Furthermore, I will focus on capability of management personnel, especially CEO, rather than technology itself.
In relation to management consulting business, GACC covers four major management resources, which are people, goods/services, money, and information. Especially, I would like to add value to our clients utilizing my areas of specialty, which are “Asia”, ”Venture” and ”Management”.
Please let us know your forward looking issues and challenges. We appreciate it if you remember GACC and support our activities .
Founder & CEO
To be the closest advisor to CEO to overcome the challenges together!
1. Growth Potential
– To find out the growth potential and embody it in cooperation with client
2. Real Hands-on
– To provide management support with a foot on the ground
3. Last Resort
– To become an important presence to be confided troubles by top management
4. Cross Border
– To achieve a growth strategy together including foreign market penetration
5. Customer First
– To provide advice which is not a ready-made to explore the true customer needs
In July 1989, joined Japan ASEAN Investment Co., Ltd. (renamed to Japan Asia Investment Co., Ltd. : JAIC) Engaged in venture capital investment in Japan, ASEAN, China and US etc.
Oversea assignment: Manila (4yrs), Singapore (3yrs) and Beijing (1yr 3mo).
After April 2001, established JSVC Fund and Next Wave Fund II with partners in US and Europe. Then act as one of founder members and fund manager. In addition, served as ICM members of various overseas funds in Asian region.
After April 2005, nominated as a member of JAIC Group ICM and involved in investment decisions of whole group. Then July 2007, elected as a member of BOD.
After Lehman Shock happened in September 2008, acted as CFO and successfully completed negotiation on rescheduling debt burden and got approval from 62 creditors under ADR procedure.
After July 2009, responsible for overseas investment and human resource management, especially contributed to optimization of human resource.
Appointed as President & CEO of JAIC in June 2012. Focused on revitalization project, especially Debt reduction, Business restructuring and Reinforcement of human resources.
Director of Japan Venture Capital Association (JVCA) : July 2015-June 2017.
– Graduated Funabashi High School in Chiba Prefecture in March 1979.
– Graduated Keio University, major in Political Science in March 1983.
– Worked for Nippon Trust Bank from April 1983 to July.
- Management Strategy, Marketing & Sales Promotion, New Business Development, Human Resource Management, Fund Raising, IPO Preparation, Asia Business Expansion, Risk Management, etc.
Equity investment and Fund Management
All other business related to the above
6 minutes on foot from “Kojimachi” subway Yurakucho line.